Thursday, May 17, 2012

The Spirit of Excellence



Daniel 6:34 Then this Daniel was preferred above the presidents and princes, because an excellent spirit was in him; and the king thought to set him over the whole realm.

Wikipedia Definition of Excellence: A talent or a quality which is unusually good and so surpasses ordinary standards. It is also an aimed for standard of performance.

We hear it a lot, but do we live by it? You know...doing all things in the spirit of excellence as opposed to hit and miss. We should all want to do things in such a way that when our works are witnessed, they are so much a representation of what we stand for, people say, "I know So and So did this, because this is how he/she rolls."

As many of you are already aware, we are getting ready to step into some new territory with the debut of our new television show. Trust me when I tell you, with the money and time I'm investing, my plan is to be in the game for a while, if the Lord says the same. We have gotten a ton of videos, and God knows there are some very talented people out here who REALLY possess the anointing. However, sometimes, the videos are not clear or the sound is horrid. What am I supposed to do? As much as I would like to work with some of the people we meet, how can we, if the footage isn't clear? But more importantly, why don't you have at least one quality video of yourself to help promote YOU?

I own a Toshiba Camileo X100 camera. Right now, you can probably get one for about $200. Here's one of the pics I took with the camera, as well as a video I shot.



About the only complaint I have with the camera is the audio. If the sound isn't amplified, then it will be a problem. And trust me...with everyone being able to have something to say these days and be heard, you will probably hear about it on your Youtube. Many times you'll see something like, "Y'all look real nice, but I couldn't understand a word you were saying. Let us pray."

Now look.....on the other hand, if you cannot afford to make this investment at the time, go ahead and get down to the store and do like we did back in the day. Buy it, shoot your video and handle the camera with care and then take it back to the electronic store. That way you will have at least one EXCELLENT video. I mean heck, why not borrow the $1,000 dollar camera and then take it back. Just one thing you need to keep in mind; PLEASE CHECK THE RETURN POLICY, before you buy.

I know some Pastors are reading the blog and may be saying, Arielle a.k.a. Determinator1 is advocating stealing. Well...it isn't really. I would encourage those of you who get a booking out of this as a result of getting quality footage with one of these borrowed cameras, to go back and buy it for real with the money you earned.

God Bless you and please keep this individuals in mind if you are trying to promote yourselves: Join this group on Facebook: "Casting Call (Rizen Star Talent News)". Let me insert here that this is not the type of group you post videos and links in all day long, rather it is a site that list opportunities for up and coming artists. So go there and look around and see what type of information you can gather. Do send your tracks and bios to the following folks: Dunamis Live at dunamis.live@yahoo.com of The Fishbowl Network , Manuel Ringgold mringgold9@aol.com of Radio One and Jonathan of J’s Place (WLUV Radio) at 313.618.2270. Also, Prayzefest Gospel Network and The Yes Hour are interviewing artists for their shows. Just send an email to info@thepgnetwork.org and yeshour@gmail.com

3 comments:

  1. I am working now, with my group, to get some quality video to submit to you. We should strive to do all things in excellence and if we do, God will provide.............the camera. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God provided the camera for me about 15 years ago too, when I made a VHS tape and then took it back. HE kept the camera safe. I'm just saying Sis...Lol!

      Delete
    2. We are looking forward to getting that footage from you.

      Delete