Thursday, July 19, 2012

Kevin James Schools Indies About Branding in Our Audio Presentation


Ooooooowwwwwweeeee!!!! I know that title burns a little bit (school has probably been out for a while for you), but before you take it there, let me ask you to please take a seat and focus your attention on the front of this chalkboard. Take a moment to look at this picture here. Picture yourself as being the iron, with one time to make an impression. In this case, it won't be an indelible one because I'm willing to bet, someone has already eaten this pretty steak in the picture. (Let's bring it back though.) If you are the iron, then the impression you made upon the steak is your brand. But wait a minute, the steak, or anything else that has your name on it, is your brand. Compare it to having the dag on 'midas touch' on EVERYTHING you touch. It can be anything that has your name on it, because you got that iron, you made an impression (image). Making an impression (imaging) is branding.

Look...we got a chance to catch up with Brother Kevin James, program director of CJB Radio, by phone, and boy was that a very passionate conversation. (We've got an audio clip below, which Kevin was kind enough to submit to us. Yours truly went in there and added a few lines of text to highlight certain things, and VOILA!....We came out with a Masterpiece. We're not talking about Barbeque sauce, so stop thinking about food y'all!)

Before we get into the clip I want to make another comparison to food though. I know, I told you all to stop, and here I am back on the subject of food. Please forgive me...PSYCH! Okay...let me stop playing. Look...I'm from New York City, born in Harlem and raised in the Boogie Down Bronx (right down the street from Yankee Stadium). When I was a little lady, my dad would always buy the Pepperidge Farm Chessman and Milano cookies and we would sit there and eat them with some Vanilla Haagen Dazs ice cream. [If you are from the South, I'm going to have to ask you to stick with me for a minute, because you may not be familiar with these brands. Sorry guys:(   ] Fast forward to today with me walking through the bread section aisle of Walmart and doing a double take when I notice Pepperidge Farms has English Muffins. I didn't have to think twice about trying them out, because Pepperidge Farm reminds me of when I was a little girl; in fact, their slogan was simply, "Pepperidge Farm remembers". Okay...so now, I've got a big smile on my face and instead of getting one to try out, I get two bags. Why? Because "Pepperidge Farm remembers" - they touched upon something inside of me which evoked pleasant memories of my childhood. Now Bey Bey...when I dropped those babies in the toaster and lathered them up with some Crunchy Peanut Butter drizzled with Raw Honey, you couldn't tell me I hadn't died and gone up to the Upper Room for a few minutes. So now the following week, I'm in the aisles knocking other brands out of the way and dropping them on the floor because I couldn't find my PEPPERIDGE FARMS English Muffins; to my disgust, one of the workers suggested I try Orowheat by Mrs. Bairds, to which I replied, "I didn't grow up with Mrs. Bairds, don't know her and I'm not interested in meeting her now. Where is my PEPPERIDGE FARM?????? !!!!!!  Wahhhhhhhh!!!!! Eventually, after my mumbo jumbo rant about there being a conspiracy and the Mrs. Bairds workers stealing the Pepperidge Farm products or pushing them all the way to the back of the shelf, the worker got me the 800 number to customer service for Walmart. You know I called and told on them and my muffins were back on the shelf the following week.

I know towards the end here, I started getting into "brand loyalty", but I hope this helps you understand a little better, what Branding is all about. Please try to extrapolate to make the connection. You're not food, but what is it about you that people love so much, they will pass up others to get to your product or even protest to make sure they can get it? When you figure that out, trust me, you will have this thing NAILED! Be sure to watch the video below, because Kevin James is going to speak to you in music industry terms. Please enjoy!


Okay...Hope you enjoyed the blog! Be a sweetie and click on the Button to the right to "JOIN", G+1 us below, "LIKE US" on Facebook , Follow us on Twitter @UGTKONation and leave a comment. Subscribe to our Youtube for more educational videos and more. I'm sorry to say this, but if everyone who stops by doesn't start supporting us, I will have to stop writing.

Now look peoples, the man said you can reach out to him and ask questions. So don't be shy, give him a Shout out and let him know you appreciate him sharing the REAL DEAL about the industry.

Look....I'm out, about to go toast one of those muffins for a snack. God Bless you all until the next time!
 Written by Arielle a.k.a. Determinator1

If you would like to have your music played on CJBOnline Radio, please contact Brother James at KevinJames.CJB@gmail.com  Also, Brother Ron, who goes by the name of DJ Ronnie Ron and is also affiliated with the station has a Hip-Hop Praise show and is seeking mp3s for his rotation. Feel free to reach out to him at ronnieron2k@yahoo.com or call him at 336.289.9528.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you sooooo much for your feedback. Please share it with a friend. Blessings! A.

      Delete