Wednesday, September 12, 2012

"Supply & Demand V2 - Yellow Tape Edition By D'Aych"


Before you get bent out of shape about name in the title, let me correct this for you. The name D'Aych is simply pronounced as D.H. and it stands for Daniel Harris. I had the pleasure of meeting Daniel on the "Let's Talk Gospel" Conference call last Tuesday. I briefly mentioned on the call my interest in interviewing artists by way of this blog, and Daniel happened to be the first one to take me up on my offer. I must admit, when I received his Bio via email, the first thing I noticed was the length and I said to myself, "Where does it end?! I guess I won't be eating, talking, and reading all at the same time." I hesitated for a few moments, and then after reading the first paragraph, said, "My God, what a testimony!" It wasn't something I could put down, and come back later to complete. (A little side note here. If your Bio doesn't read like D'Aych's, I'd be more than happy to read it and offer tips, or even re-write it. Keep in mind artists, your Bio and Photos present an opportunity for you to capture the attention of the reader). I read it from top to bottom straight through and was eager to call Brother D'Aych at that moment. There was a sense of urgency within me which caused me to take action right then and there rather than wait for the so-called "Perfect Timing".

Today, Brother Daniel Harris is a Christian Rapper, with a story to tell. But I want you to know, he has made a complete turnaround from the direction he was heading in before he accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as his Personal Savior. Without a shadow of a doubt, he was programmed for self-destruction, as well as the destruction of others, but the foundation had already been laid; Daniel just had to make his way back home. In fact, Daniel was actually raised in Pentecostal Church environment at home and at the church because his mother was a minister.

At the tender age of 14, D'Aych started running the streets and not only did he join a gang and sell drugs, he decided school was no longer necessary, and decided to just drop out. In addition to the drugs he sold, he began drinking alcohol and sparking up the weed daily. D'Aych was really modeling his life after infamous drug lords and hardened criminals. He emulated them so well, he earned himself a spot on the Milwaukee's most wanted list!!! He was a fugitive in his own land, and I'll have to ask him when I have time where he hid out for 2 years, but that may be another blog. Eventually, he was apprehended and sentenced to 4 years for armed robbery, gun possession and mastermind charges.

While in Prison, D'Aych got thrown in solitary confinement for 30 days for mouthing off at one of the correction officers. Apparently it wasn't the first time, so the officer returned later with several other officers in riot gear and dragged him out of his cell. While confined, I want you to know this is where he had his come to Jesus moment. There was a lot of praying going on and he made another promise to God; when he came out of that hole, it would be as a changed man ready to serve HIM.

Day 30, D'Aych came out of the darkness as a new man and rolled out there on the prison yard with his secular raps, but it made him feel like he was faking it. Like, what would God think?! In little of no time, he made the decision to convert all of his raps to Christian raps. D'Aych was even bold enough to carry his Christian raps out to the yard. Believe it or not, it was well received! D'Aych said to himself, "If I can get a hardened criminal who is doing 20 years to cheer me on when I'm rapping for the Lord, then I might have something I need to share with a wider audience to save others from destruction."

D'Aych served a 4-year sentence from 2003 to 2007. Since he turned his life over to God, he has created 4 independent Christian Rap Music projects.  The latest project, "Supply and Demand V2 - Yellow Tape Edition" will be released on November 8, 2012.

Brother D'Aych realizes there aren't very many opportunities for Christian rap artists, so he goes out there and creates opportunities. Over the past several years, he has held his own benefit concerts to provide financial aid and services to brothers and sisters here in our country, as well as outside of the country in places like Kenya and Haiti. He has also spoken to a ton of youth enrolled in different schools across the Midwest.

On October 6, 2012, D'Aych will be making his television debut on the "Fresh Fire" show, hosted by Lexi.

D'Aych is asking that you please follow him on Twitter  and Reverbnation to keep abreast with his appearances and upcoming projects. Before we close this out, we want to leave you with a sample of his work. The name of the track is "The Takeover", and I love it. As you already know, that is part of our name. What are you talking about?! This song is bananas, but make sure you listen out for the whole project when it drops.



Blessings to all the readers of the Blog as well as brother D'Aych for allowing us to do a little digging beneath the surface to ask some uncomfortable questions about his past. God Bless you all until the next time.

Sincerely,
Arielle a.k.a. Determinator1
Email Me
469.443.8011

4 comments:

  1. Daniel and I have been bestfriends for over 13yrs and it has been a blessing to see the transformation that God has allowed to take place in his life! Daniel keep allowing God to use you as his servant to bring the message of the Lord Jesus Christ to the world through you music! Be on the look out for his mixtape, its going to be FIRE!!! God bless :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marrika, I've only known Daniel for about 10 days and I must say, only GOD can bring about this kind of change. As I read his story and later, asked him questions, the most profound time in his incarceration in my opinion, was the time he was forced to be alone with God in solitary confinement. Imagine what would happen to many of us if we were alone with God for 30 days, with just the bare necessities minus the distractions.

      I'm hooked on the "Takeover" (track 11) and looking forward to hearing about his success with his forthcoming mixtape. Thank you for leaving us a comment. God Bless you!
      Arielle a.k.a. Determinator1

      Delete
  2. I have known Daniel for a little over 4 years now and I can definitely attest to the fact that Daniel has truly made Jesus Lord of his life. It's not something he just talks about, but he lives this thing! I am so Godly proud of him and how God has called him for such a time as this to reach a generation for the glory of God. What I admire the most about Daniel is his pure heart and desire to see souls saved. If God did it for D'Aych, He can do it for anyone! Keep advancing the Kingdom D'Aych!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sis. Walker, I thank you soooo much for leaving us a comment on Brother D'Aych. I've not yet had the pleasure of meeting him in person, but I could feel his genuineness over the phone the first day we spoke. It's good to hear he is the real deal, especially because so many others have chosen to jump on the Christian Rap bandwagon. I know our HEAVENLY FATHER is smiling upon his creation right now. Yes...God can change anyone!
      Arielle a.k.a. Determinator1

      Delete