Monday, October 8, 2012

Charles Clark Boldly Declares HE's "Still With Me"


Soft-spoken, polite, innocent, youthful, optimistic, pleasant, loving, compassionate - are all the words that come to mind immediately when I recall my conversation with Bro. Charles yesterday afternoon. It was an interview that could have come together on Saturday, had it not been for the incompetence of a hired hand putting motor oil  in "la bomba" where the power steering goes. (Sorry, I don't know the word for this in english. When y'all read it, please send it to me.) However, I am thankful for this mishap because Bro. Charles and I were able to converse when everything was calm. In fact, Saturday wouldn't have been good for him because he was doing a big concert in South Carolina near his hometown with Britt Nicole. I don't know about you, but if I were in Charles' position on Saturday, I would have been much more concerned about the quality of the speakers, the monitors and the acoustics during my sound check, than some old lady on the phone asking about my song. Lol. Our conversation started out like this, with him letting us know what's behind the title of his song. You'll find what he shared with us to be very exciting; really, just downright amazing, but my experienced Believers know and understand, this is the manner in which God operates constantly. God himself is a constant.


Oh...I'm sorry, were you waiting for the full song and full interview? Well...You'll be able to catch them both on Thursday, October 18, 2012 at 6 p.m. c.s.t. by tuning in to SOG Radio , but until then, cop the single here ow.ly/dXTcb . Before closing, I must mention Bro. Clark's optimism in terms of staying positive after experiencing so many unfulfilled promises to "Put him on"! You know how you meet people who are super excited about you after they experience your artistic talent for the first time, but then something happens, and they fall off like a ghost. Deep within my heart, I truly believe he has found the type of management that will help him realize his dreams, with the relationship he has with his personal and booking manager, Chip Mathews, the CEO of Chameleon Productions. What's so funny about all of this is that as we were talking yesterday, Charles stated what Chip posted in a Twitter status the day I met him, September 18, 2012: 
(Chip Mathews also manages and handles bookings for Shea Taylor, Bishop Eric McDaniels and Lorraine Williams) 

He may not have stated it verbatim, but when he spoke on it, I got so excited about knowing I was really on the phone with a true Kingdom builder; and if he maintains this particular mindset throughout his career (which is something we will all be praying for), he'll have a place in our hearts forever. There's no formula to success, but at the heart of any successful business you'll find long standing, mutually beneficial relationships which help to keep the business alive. This gospel industry is a business, and just like the Manns told us on the conference call, if you take care of people, they will take care of you and remember you. I know this young brother, and recent Shaw University graduate has it together and we are patiently waiting to see what the follow up release will be to the beautiful song entitled, "Still With Me",which is in heavy rotation over here on the laptop (Smiles). Be sure to Follow him @clark_sings and @TeamSingCharles.

It's your girl Arielle Johnson a.k.a. Determinator1 and I'm out. Be sure to tune into Charles on my show, "The Gospel Sound Check", Thursday, Oct. 18, 2012 on @SOGNRadio


No comments:

Post a Comment