Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The Gospel Sound Check Show: Down to Earth Interviews Minus the Fluff

You ever watch Oprah or Dr. Phil interviewing one of their guests and wonder whether or not it's all staged. I mean really?! Oprah asks a REAL PERSONAL question and prefaces it with, "I know this may be difficult for you to recall for us, but would you please explain to our viewers why everyone thinks you did it O.J. ?!" All of a sudden, there's a lot of boo hoo-ing, Oprah's tear ducts get real active and now her and the invited guest are reaching for Kleenex at the same time.

Look...I'll keep it real with you; the show will be fun, but I promise you, we won't be getting into those types of theatrics. My main focus, since marketing is what I do, is to get down to the nitty gritty and find out from our guests - independents, the signed artists you follow, and those on the come up, how they keep themselves active, booked and motivated. You may have seen them on prime time television or maybe on cable, but they all have one thing in common --- SELLING RECORDS, TRACKS, CDs AND THEMSELVES.

I came up with the name Gospel Sound Check because any artist doing a gig wants to make sure their audience gets the clearest, crisp and most natural sounding voice they can possibly get out of them. They want to leave a good impression and want people to leave the venue feeling a special way about them. That's what we want you to walk away with after you've tuned into our show. Also, when these people aren't singing and performing, what do they sound like. Do they interview well? Are they worth the .99cents they are asking for per track. Now I will ask some personal questions, but if they don't want to answer them, they can hang up the phone. It's not like television where they have to disconnect the wireless mic and then run off the stage. I hope they don't do it, but Lord knows, I know how to fill in the time by myself if they do.

Here's the line up so far:

Thursday, Oct. 11, 2012 - 5:00pm c.s.t. -5:30pm c.s.t. Godz Messenger (Jamal Seymour)
and Resurrection from 5:30-6:00p.m. c.s.t.

and

Thursday, Oct. 18, 2012 between 6:00 - 7:00 p.m. c.s.t. Charles Clark 

Trust me, I know there are a lot of other internet shows/hosts out there, but if you love the blog, like many of you say you do, you will love the show as well. Just consider it an extension of the blog, but even more laid back and informal than what you find here most of the time.

GodzMessenger and I have been having a ball on Facebook getting ready for tomorrow's show.  He says y'all need to get the popcorn ready, I say you need to get your 3-D glasses ready too, because we plan on stepping out of those speakers of yours when it goes down. I know it's never been done before, but when you tune in, it will certainly feel like we nailed it.

Look...time to get down to the gym before it gets too late to get a full workout in. I hate it when they start turning off the t.v.s and lights without telling me it's time to close, so you know what I do, I break out the flashlight. It was cute the first couple of times, but now they're cracking down and disconnecting the power to the equipment. Okay...I'm out. See y'all tomorrow on SOGNRadio at 5 p.m. c.s.t.this time; next week it starts at 6. Love ya!!!!

Arielle a.k.a. Determinator1


No comments:

Post a Comment